MOST OF THE FOREIGN INVESTORS FIND THE BUYING PROCESS IN MEXICO TO BE AN EXTREMELY PROFESSIONAL AND PLEASANT EXPERIENCE!
The most important part of this process is to make sure that you are represented by experienced people such as your realtor and lawyer. In Mexico it is always wise to ask for a referral to find the most qualified person to represent you.
HOW DO I PURCHASE PROPERTY IN MEXICO?
A foreigner can purchase property located within 100 kilometres of any border or within 50 kilometres of the coastline through a BANK TRUST (FIDEICOMISO).
BANK TRUST (FIDEICOMISO)
FOR ALL RESIDENTIAL / TOURISM PROPERTY
The Bank Trust (Fideicomiso) is a trust agreement that you establish with a bank in order to hold title to a property (both you and the bank are named in the title documents.) This trust deed assures foreign property buyers of all the rights and privileges of ownership.
ADVANTAGES OF THE BANK TRUST:
– Allows the property owner to hold the property in perpetuity.
– The fideicomiso is a 50-year trust agreement that is renewable every 50-years by you or your heirs.
– You can transfer your rights in the fideicomiso to another foreign buyer.
– One contract can hold more than one property in the same deed.
– You may rent, sell or remodel the property.
– Your heirs can inherit the rights to the fideicomiso, effectively by-passing probate, should you depart without a proper will.
– There are tax advantages pertaining to capital gains taxes when you sell.
– The fideicomiso is easy to maintain by paying an annual fee to the bank.